Commercial Kitchen Equipment Cleaning
Some of our maintenance on cleaning services include :
- Ice Cream Machine
- Ice Maker Machine
- Kitchen Duct
- A/C Filter
Don’t ignore your equipment! It’s trying to tell you something!
Food service equipment will function efficiently when properly maintained, but ignoring daily cleaning and periodic inspections of your equipment may result in poor performance or a very costly repair bill.
Many of us learn this lesson when the repair man hands us a bill and proceeds to tell us the problem could have easily been avoided had we maintained our food service equipment properly!! OUCH!
The experts at L&R can assist you with free advice and the best products needed to keep your equipment in tip-top shape. Whether your equipment is 10 years old or still under warranty, preventative maintenance will extend the life and performance of your equipment.
Be proactive. Keep your equipment running efficiently with the following tips:
Refrigeration, Freezers and Ice Machines:
- Check temperature daily, any fluctuation can be a signal of a more serious problem.
- Make sure door gaskets fit snuggly and are mold and debris free.
- Examine the condenser coil, make sure it is clean and free from dust and debris.
- Change the ice machine filter at least once a year.
- Be mindful of dump and recovery time, this process should run consistently.
- Filter the oil, filter the oil, filter the oil!
- Use high temp fryer brushes to clean inside the fryer and clear the drain hole when filtering.
- Boil out the fryer tank weekly.
- Use an adapter bar between two fryers to reduce debris and oil between fryers.
- Use degreaser and green scrubbies to maintain cleanliness of the outside of fryers.
Flat Tops or Griddles:
- Use a grill brick to remove debris and to smooth the cooking surface.
- Use a good, sharp grill scraper to knock down stubborn stuck food.
- Elevate the rear legs ¼ inch to help exhaust the heat out the flue.
- Never use ice to clean a hot grill top, it WILL eventually crack the plate!
- After a thorough cleaning, lightly coat the cooled surface with oil.
- Calibrate thermostats every 6 months.
- Monitor temperature and document fluctuations.
- Keep interior fan free and clear from debris, especially aluminum foil!!
- Keep interior and doors free from debris, clean rack rails daily.
- Keep pans away from flue area.
- Use oven cleaner and degreaser on all commercial kitchen equipment surfaces once weekly.
- Use a delimer regularly. Follow manufacturer directions for using this chemical.
- Inspect all spray nozzles, faucets and drains daily.
- Check washing and sanitizing temperatures several times daily as many dish machine chemicals are activated by temperature.
- Use a scrap block on your soiled side dishtable to prevent plates from chipping and breaking.
- Check your grease trap for leaks and flow. We recommend weekly use of a microbial drain and trap cleaner. Do not use harsh chemicals or bleach.